WISc Travel Grant Eligibility and Requirements
WISc participants making satisfactory progress in the program are eligible for two study abroad travel grants. First, students are eligible for a $1000 travel grant to participate in a short-term study abroad program, ideally during or immediately following the first year at the UW-Madison. As long as all program requirements are met, students will also be offered a $2000 travel grant for a semester- or year-long study abroad experience later on in the degree program.
In order to be eligible for WISc study abroad travel grants WISc participants must meet the following program requirements:
- Regular attendance and participation in WISc events throughout the student’s academic career at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. This includes attending monthly dinners and WISc events, lectures, and meetings.
- Completion of the following required courses:
– IS 212 (one-credit discussion section specifically for first-year WISc students).
– One global comparative studies course from the approved course list distributed to incoming students.
- Completion or plan for completion of four or more semesters of foreign language study.
WISc students are eligible for the WISc travel grants only for participation in study abroad programs offered by a UW-Madison unit, and for which students earn UW-Madison residence credits. The two travel grants may not be combined for use in one study abroad program.
OCTOBER 15: winter intersession, spring semester, spring break, and calendar year programs.
MARCH 1: summer , fall, and academic year programs
WISc Travel Grant Application Form
This form is to be submitted by current students applying to use their WISc Study Abroad Travel Grant for participation in a study abroad programs offered by a UW-Madison unit, and for which students earn UW-Madison residence credits. The two travel grants may not be combined for use in one study abroad program.